Fairmont clinic is MOVING!
Starting Tuesday, May 30th see us at 2600 White Hall Blvd, Suite 163, Fairmont, WV 26554
This is located across the street from Walmart in The Middletown Commons -- we are at the back of the building near Mon Health.
Google maps may not be correct - this clinic is NOT located just off the interstate. Head towards the old office and turn left into the Middletown Commons.
Meet YOUR Provider
Cardinal Pediatrics' goal is for you to find the provider you LOVE and make them part of your care team for your child. We offer all of the advantages of a bigger clinic such as texting, online scheduling, patient portal, emailing forms, 24 hour emergency call backs, but a small clinic at each individual location where your child really can learn our staff. We want our patients to ONLY schedule with the provider they love for wells and re-occurring conditions, but have access to the same day sick visit when your child has a simple ear infection or a cold with a board certified pediatric provider.
Worried about reading?
- Take this screener online and send us the results: Lexercise Screener
- Cardinal has also teamed up with Rebecca Bobincheck, our new literacy specialist. She will be offering tutoring thru our Lexercise platform starting mid/late June. Please let us know if interested.
Goto www.cardinalpediatrics.com/schedule and choose your preferred location and provider to schedule a day/time that works for you.
Please schedule the CORRECT visit type. For Mental Health visits (anxiety, depression, etc) and ADHD visits, please use the correct visit type. Do not schedule these visits in an Acute or Sick Visit slot or WE WILL CANCEL the appointment. We value all our caregiver's time and want our clinics to run smoothly - with sufficient time to focus on each patient.
If your child is sick and you aren't sure what to do - here is how you can help your child stay comfortable and on their way to back playing!
As we move away from the pandemic, there are certain procedures that are changing to better support our populations and follow all of the latest regulations:
- Antibiotics WILL NOT be given over the phone or after hours. We must have a physical exam and determine a treatment plan in order to prescribe. We do not want your child to be antibiotic resistant for when they really need it!
- Medications WILL NOT be filled by our On Call providers or on weekends. This includes ADHD/Anxiety/Depression/etc meds. This is a HIGHLY monitored substance, as it should be, and should be a discussion with you and your doctor. Please get in the habit to check if your child's medication needs refilled! Authorizations for certain medications take time – please give us a week. Always ensure your follow up appts are scheduled before leaving our office. Text now to schedule if you need one - 304-599-8000. Teamwork!
Fighting the Medication Shortages!
Many pharmacies do not currently have antibiotics in stock. If you were prescribed an antibiotic, please:
- Call your usual pharmacy to check its in stock before going
- If they are out, CALL pharmacies in your area and ask if your antibiotic is available
- If so, ASK the pharmacist to transfer your prescription
- Pick up your antibiotic!
Cardinal Pediatrics does not need to transfer most antibiotic prescriptions - you can do that yourself!
We are moving to paper scripts. This allows you to physically take your script to the pharmacy that has your medication. Please remember to fill these medications at least 5 days ahead of time to allow for prior authorizations to be completed if needed.We are unable to 'e-scribe' a script to a different pharmacy if a paper script has been given out.
Please always make sure to schedule your follow-up visits in advance so we have plenty of time to deal with these shortages.