Right now during COVID-19, we are seeing high anxiety levels in our Elementary School kids to High School.
If you are worried, please take the SCARED surveys with your child.
Send us the results, and then schedule an appointment with the providers you trust!
Anxiety is an emotion characterized by feelings of tension, worried thoughts, and physical changes. In children it presents as the following:
- Headaches, stomachaches even though no medical reason for them
- Refuses to eat snacks or lunch at daycare or school
- Won't use bathroom except at home
- Restless, fidgety, hyperactive, distraction
- Shake or sweat in situations
- Constantly tenses muscles
- trouble falling/staying asleep
- Cries a lot
- Very sensitive or grouchy
- Panic Attacks
- Worries about things in far future
- Asks "what if?" constantly
- Refusal to goto school
- Stays inside alone at lunch/recess
- Avoids social situations
- Seeks approval from parents/caregivers/teachers/friends
*NEW* Information on how Cognitive Behavioral Therapy might help your child and recommended providers around the state that offer this type of therapy.
*NEW* Recommended app
- MindShift® CBT App - Anxiety Canada: An app with CBT-based tools to tackle worry, panic, perfectionism, social anxiety and phobias
Here are some books we recommend
- My Anxious Mind: A Teen's Guide to Managing Anxiety and Panic
- What to Do When You Feel Too Shy: A Kid's Guide to Overcoming Social Anxiety
- What to Do When you Don't Want to Be Apart: A Kid's Guide to Overcoming Separation Anxiety