While Dyslexia/Dyscalculia/Dysgraphia are all different, for the sake of conciseness, we will use the term Dyslexia to describe all three.
If you think your child may have dyslexia, we recommend the following approach
- Watch the video from Bright Solutions
- Take the lexercise screener
- Schedule an appointment with your doctor at www.cardinalpediatrics.com/schedule
- Give yourself a high five! Thanks for being active in your child's care.
Learn about what Dyslexia is with this video from Bright Solutions for Dyslexia
- Great Resources
- What we do know
- Your child is average to above average intelligence
- With the correct intervention they will learn to read and succeed!
- A lot of colleges have support for this Learning Difference and you can receive accommodations on SAT/ACT
- Over 25% of children with dyslexia, also have ADHD - see this fact sheet
- Your child can be gifted and be dyslexic!
- This can be found as early as preschool - no need to wait until 3rd grade or when frustration happens!
- Famous Dyslexics!
- Teacher Information - Share with your classroom teacher. They may not know about Dyslexia!
- Self Help Information - get started on teaching your child - why wait?!?!?!?
- Great Books!
- Overcoming Dyslexia by Sally Shaywitz
- The Dyslexic Advantage by Eide